Foodsafe Level One is the OFFICIAL BC food handlers program for all staff in the food and hospitality industries.
This NEW, informative course includes prevention of foodborne illness, microbiology, personal hygiene, receiving and storage, preparation, serving techniques, sanitation .
The BC Centre for Disease Control maintains a list of courses considered to be equivalent to BC’s FOODSAFE Level 1 course.
FOODSAFE Level 1 is delivered as an eight hour face-to-face class, in an online “virtual” class through Open School BC, or by correspondence (Level 1 only) through Go2.
Level 1 Workbooks
FOODSAFE Level 1 workbooks are available in English, French, Chinese, Korean and Punjabi.
Templates, charts and checklists
- Cleaning Schedule Templates
- Common Sanitizing Solutions
- Foodborne Illness Chart
- Foodborne Illness Report
- Food Cooling Chart
- Food Safety Plan for Oysters for Raw Consumption
- Food Safety Plan Reference Chart
- Food Thermometers: Types and Calibration
- Guidelines for Food Service Establishments During a Boil Water Advisory
- Guideline for the Sale of Foods at Temporary Food Markets
- Monitoring Log: Dishwashers
- Process-Based Food Safety Plan
- Receiving and Storage Guidelines
- Receiving Checklist
- Recommended Storage Times
- Temperature Log: Coolers and Freezers
- Temperature Log: Hot Holding Units
Level 1 Online Course
The FOODSAFE Level 1 online course and exam are available in English only.
Please let your FOODSAFE instructor know in advance if you would like to have your workbook and/or examination in a language other than English.
RE: Foodsafe Certificates: All Foodsafe certificates are issued by Island Health and are valid for 5 years. Please allow 4-6 weeks upon completion of class to receive your certificate. Please contact Vancouver Island Health office in Duncan vial email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone in Victoria 250- 519- 3401 for ALL inquiries about certificates. Reissue of Certificates costs $15.Book Now
CLASS SCHEDULE – FOODSAFE LEVEL 1
Time: 9am-4:30pm, Please arrive at 8:45am
Cost: $80 (includes workbook, certificate and $3.80 GST)
Payment at class : cash or COMPANY cheque
Click here for Class Schedule